- All children are musical.
- Music nurtures a child´s cognitive, emotional, social, language, and physical development.
- Children flourish in a child-centred environment where activities are developmentally appropriate and classes are small
- Every child should experience the joy and fun that learning music brings to life.
… And in community
- A parent or loving caregiver is a child´s first and most important teacher
- The home is the most important learning environment.
*For these reasons, we aim to provide parents / caregivers with the resources and materials to support and continue the musical experiences in their homes. What is learned and experienced first is best remembered. It is this early and repeated exposure, both in class and at home, that sets the stage for learning and enjoyment…never mind developing a fun and regular “practice” routine from an early age!
Click below to find out more about the curriculum that is best for your family:
Music Literacy, Performance, & So Much More!
Many, many thanks." -Monica
Our Children's Department is run by fun-loving Ms. Becca Hopkins. With her in-depth musical knowledge and genuine connection with the children, she creates an energetic classroom by bringing music off the page and turning it into a holistic experience. A vetted and qualified music educator, she is a "Pied-Piper" of exceptional quality. The Children love her enthusiasm, her contagious love of music, and the personal attention they each receive. Parents love the afforded academic advantage over music classes in even the best primary schools and other "similar" programmes...as well as a bit of fun too!
Level 2: Our Time (1.5 - 3 Years) @ 9:30 - 10:11am
Level 5: Young Child Semester 3 (6-7 Years) @10:30 - 11:10am
Level 4: Young Child Semester 1 (5-6 Years) @ 11:30am - 12:10pm
Level 3: Imagine That! (3-5 Years) @ 12:30 - 1:10pm
Grades: Music FUNdamentals (Advanced) @ 1:30 - 2:10pm
Grades: Music FUNdamentals (Beginner) @ 2:30 - 3:10pm
Term Dates: 34 Weeks
Term 1: 7 Sept - 19 Dec, 2020 (14 Weeks)
Term 2: Registration Deadline: Mon, 28 Dec, 2020
Term 2: 11 Jan - 27 Mar, 2021 (10 week)
- Half term break: 15 - 20 Feb 2021
Easter Break: 29 Mar - 10 Apr 2021
Term 3: 12 Apr - 19 Jun 2021 (10 weeks)
- Make-Up week: 21 - 26 Jun 2021
Keeping Children Safe Projects
Belfast and South Eastern Trusts Celebration
Tuesday 4 February 2014
Reception Room, Belfast City Hall